Thanks to Rebecca for this amazing recipe. Full information can be found on her own blog HERE
- 250g Salted Peanuts (crushed)
- 125g Plain Flour
- 25g Brown Sugar
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 5 Tablespoons of Bonanza Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 100g Salted Peanuts
Chocolate topping Ingredients:
- 250g Milk Chocolate Chips
- Snickers (chopped)
- Peanuts (crushed)
- Spun Sugar
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- In a medium sized bowl,combine the crushed peanuts, flour and sugar. Add the butter and mix with your hands to form a dough.
- Press the dough into a 9-inch tart pan and squish it all down until the dough is tightly pressed into the bottom of the pan. Line the pastry crust with a piece of baking parchment and then pour baking beans on top of the parchment. If you don’t have baking beans, you can use rice instead or just prick the pastry with a fork to make a few indents (this will prevent the dough from bubbling)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the baking parchment and baking beans and allow to cool whilst you get started on the filling.
- To make the filling, put the sugar into a medium sized saucepan over a low heat. Leave it to melt slightly (do not stir it)
- As soon as half of the sugar has melted begin to gently stir. Keep stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved. Take off the heat and add in the water. Be really careful here as it can splutter.
- Keeping it off the heat, stir in the peanut butter and salted peanuts.
- Pour the caramel onto the baked pastry case and spread it evenly.
- Leave this to one side to cool before placing it in the fridge.
- Simply melt the chocolate in the microwave and pour on top of the caramel layer.
- Leave the tart to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours (or until the chocolate layer has completely set.
- I used spun sugar, chopped snickers and crushed peanuts to decorate the top of my tart, but feel free to experiment with yourtoppings!
Keep spreading good energy!